30 May to 5 June 2018 is European Sustainable Development Week. Its aim is to promote sustainable development and all its challenges. On a daily basis, Air France is committed to limiting the environmental impact of its activities on the ground as well as in the air.
Watch the video about Air France's commitments:
From ambition to action
In terms of sustainable development and in particular sustainable mobility, here is an illustration of the efforts produced by the Air France-KLM group including those of Air France:
• 11% less CO2 emissions since 2011 (g. CO2 per passenger per km)
• 21% less energy consumed since 2011 (MWh)
• 8% less waste since 2011 (tonnes)
• 5% less water consumed since 2011 (m3)
• 35% reduction in the noise footprint compared to 2000
• 12.8 million reconditioned, reused and recycled headsets at Air France
• 126,500 trees planted in Panama thanks to the CO2ZERO KLM programme
• 350,000 hectares protected thanks to the reforestation program in Madagascar supported by Air France
Meeting the climate change challenges
The Air France-KLM group has drawn up a Climate Plan to reduce its impact on climate change. This plan consists of 6 priorities, including the promotion of alternative sustainable fuels for the aviation industry. Air France-KLM aims to reduce its CO2 emissions (per passenger per kilometre) by 20% by 2020.