Air France's Airbus A350 flies off to Toronto for the first time
On 27 October 2019, Air France's first Airbus A350, named "Toulouse", took off for the first time to Toronto, in Canada. It will serve this destination daily throughout the winter season.
Times of flights operated by Airbus A350 (in local time): AF356: leaves Paris-Charles de Gaulle at 14:15, arrives in Toronto at 17:45; AF351: leaves Toronto at 19:45, arrives at Paris-Charles de Gaulle at 8:15 the next day. Flight operated daily.
An asset for reducing our environmental footprint
For many years, Air France has been committed to reducing its environmental footprint by implementing concrete actions – weight reduction on board, reducing and recycling waste, promoting eco-piloting, reducing the noise footprint, reducing and offsetting CO2 emissions and eliminating single-use plastic items.
Nonetheless, the main lever for reducing our environmental footprint remains our fleet modernization symbolized by this very first A350.
Compared to previous generations of aircraft, this A350 consumes 25% less fuel (i.e. 2.5 litres per passenger/100 km) thanks to the incorporation of materials which are up to 67% lighter – 53% composites and 14% titanium. In addition, its noise footprint is reduced by 40%.
A new definition of comfort
On board the Air France Airbus A350, customers enjoy -
- a more spacious cabin in Business, Premium Economy and Economy class,
- windows that are 30% larger,
- a different air pressure system providing a more comfortable cabin atmosphere with regularly renewed cabin air,
- lighting adapted to the different flight phases.
The Airbus A350 cabin is also one of the quietest latest-generation twin-aisle aircraft.
In Business, the seat turns into a real 2 meter-long lie-flat bed, guaranteeing you restful sleep. The new 18.5-inch HD touchscreen gives you access to more than 1,400 hours of entertainment including movies, music, podcasts and more. Alone or with a travel companion, the new configuration of this chic and elegant cabin adapts to how passengers wish to travel. They can choose between a shared travel experience or optimum privacy thanks to a removable partition wall.
In Premium Economy, the brand new "Recliner" seat is 48cm wide and reclines to 124°. Customers enjoy a 96 cm seat pitch to stretch out their legs and a 13.3-inch HD touchscreen. For optimum relaxation, a pillow and a duvet are available for passengers.
In Economy, the seat has been redesigned for even more comfort, with a reinforced ergonomic seat cushion, a 118° seat recline, as well as a 79-cm seat pitch. The best in-flight entertainment programmes can be found on the 11.6-inch HD touchscreen giving access to more than 1,400 hours of entertainment including movies, music, podcasts and more.
Wi-Fi on board!
On board the Airbus A350, customers can stay connected with Air France CONNECT, the inflight Wi-Fi offer. Three different passes are available –
- A free "Message" pass for all, to send and receive messages throughout the flight;
- A "Surf" pass costing between €3 and €18 (6,000 Miles) to surf the internet, consult and send emails;
- A €30 (10,000 Miles) "Stream" pass to enjoy high-speed internet, streaming and downloads, including the "Message" and "Surf" pass.
The destinations served by Airbus A350
The Air France Airbus A350 will gradually start operating to 6 destinations* on 4 continents on departure from Paris-Charles de Gaulle:
- Abidjan (Ivory Coast): until 8 December 2019, and as from 10 February 2020 for the 2020 summer season
- Bamako (Mali): until 8 December 2019, and as from 10 February 2020 for the 2020 summer season
- Toronto (Canada): since 27 October 2019
- Cairo (Egypt): as from 9 December 2019
- Seoul (South Korea): as from 9 December 2019
- Bangkok (Thailand): 2020 summer season